The Amsler Grid is a simple test of vision quality and can detect degenerative changes in the macula. This test only takes a moment for each eye and the results can give you a warning of changes in your retina that require immediate attention by an ophthalmologist or retina specialist.
- While wearing your reading glasses, hold the chart at a comfortable reading distance.
- Cover one eye and look at the dot in the center of the grid. The grid should appear uniform in size and shape.
- Cover your other eye and repeat the test.
- Many medical professionals recommend using the Amsler Grid on a daily basis.
- If you notice areas on the grid are distorted, blurred, or discolored, contact your eye doctor immediately.